Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm done with this trail...

I have summited and made it back down. Mt. Katahdin was freaking amazing. The weather was great and the views even better. It still hasn't hit me that I have completed al 2,179.1 miles. That time will come.

Give me a day or two to get my last few days of hiking posted. Pictures will come a few days after that.

Thanks for all the support and encouragment along the way. This has truly been an awesome experience that I am not ready to let go off.

BT

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We watched you in real time at the end of the trail. The five of us from Shaker campsite in CT will be hiking Katahdin on 8/23. Sorry we missed you by a week. It would have been cool to connect. I got my own Aqumira! Thanks for helping us out that night.
    Best to you Bowtie.
    FabmanRI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! You are AWESOME!!!! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!!! What an accomplishment!!!I am going to miss your daily blogs...they were quite entertaining :) See you soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!! What great luck to have a beautiful day to get the full effect! It's been fun to follow along with you. Take your time to fully savor the whole experience. It's an experience of a lifetime ... unless you go for the Pacific Trail next :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won't walk all the way back down! YOU WON'T!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Brian. Very proud moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, buddy. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BT - Congratulations on an accomplishment of a life time. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A HUGE congratultaions to you! Not sure if you'll remember us - Eric and Nicole (Persistent), we met you at Painter Branch outside of Hot Springs in April - but I've enjoyed checking in on your progress from time to time. All the best to you in your post-trail re-entry. :D

    ReplyDelete